.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

NSF

Don't let your mouth write a check that your behind can't cash...

And I am way overdrawn. One of my strengths is also my greatest weakness - whenever I see a need I fill it, and it's not until stuff starts collapsing all around me that I realize that I'm overextended - trying to do too much. Such is my current situation, having functionally neglected the campaign for about a week now, having completely forgotten about a project that I was supposed to have had completed a month ago, and now having to prepare to preach Sunday I need each day this week to consist of about 36 hours.


Something's got to give.

I'm going to start divesting myself of things that I am committed to so that I can commit myself to my own health - sleep deprivation does some evil things to the mind and body. Coach Lombardi put it best, "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." I have to get some rest or I'll be of no use to anybody, least of all myself, so I'm going to have to figure out what goes and what stays.

I get it honest.

My mother faced the same problem about 20 years ago. She was completing her Ph.D. and about to work on her dissertation when it was brought to her attention that being the wife of a newly-installed pastor and a full-time teacher with two children in college might be a little stressful for someone about to write and defend a book. Something had to give, so Mom is still ABD at the University of Michigan (Go Blue!). Like my mother before me, I am going to have to make some decisions and preserve my peace of mind, but I have no doubt that in the end I will emerge victorious. I have to, lest I go absolutely freaking nuts.

Hail to the victors!

Emancipated by Athanasius @ 8:50 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I delayed my Undergrad degree for 5 years to raise my twins...You leave stuff and you come back to it...These things happen...Sleep is a must!

Posted by Blogger DJ Diva @ Saturday, August 26, 2006 4:52:00 AM #
 
<< Home

Obama-Biden Transition

Commentary & Reference

Local Media Outlets

Syndicate this site

Subscribe in NewsGator Online