.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

George Bush Don't Like Black People


Is there any truth to the accusation that George Bush Doesn't Like Black People? Kanye West believes it is true, and Dr. Cornel West agrees - and so does the vast majority of African-Americans. Colbert King is willing to give Bush the benefit of the doubt - for the moment - while Donna Brazile seems to believe that George Bush loves Black people.

I believe that George Bush favors his base - the Haves and the Have Mores - and I would give the last 5 years of his presidency as evidence. Who has benefited and who has not? Where was money taken from and where was money given? As in all things, follow the money. I don't think that George Bush is overtly racist - I think he's fairly egalitarian when it comes to the people that he doesn't care anything about - and as such the needs and concerns of the Have Littles and the Have Nots simply do not register with him or his administration.

But what do you think?

Emancipated by Athanasius @ 6:30 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Yeah I think you're pretty on the money with regards to this Administration's attitude toward people they "don't care about."

I think the reality sunk in for me when I heard about Barbara Bush (matriarch) and her "let them eat cake" attitude.

I guess the question is, what can we do about it? What will we do about it?

Posted by Blogger Talib @ Friday, September 23, 2005 10:23:00 PM #
 
<< Home

Obama-Biden Transition

Commentary & Reference

Local Media Outlets

Syndicate this site

Subscribe in NewsGator Online