.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 25, 2008

Black Love

You know, when you've had a particularly bad day and it seems like all the world is doing its utmost to destroy you, there's nothing in the world like a Black Woman who has your back, no matter what.


To love and to cherish
For better or for worse
For richer or for poorer
In sickness and in health
To have and to hold
Forever and ever.

When a sister is with you - and I mean with you - anything is possible. You can exceed every expectation. You can defeat every enemy. You can turn shocking defeat into a massive beat-down of all your haters.



I have been in the struggle all by myself and I have been in the struggle with sisters who were kinda-sorta there but not really, but I'm here to tell you that when a sister is with you, you can do anything - while one can put a thousand to flight, two can put ten thousand to flight, or as Fabolous (featuring Ne-Yo) famously put it, "I'm a movement by myself, but I'm a force when we're together."

Barack Obama did his thing and won the South Carolina Primary in a convincing fashion, but I want to show some love to the one who made this possible, the one who strengthened him when he probably felt discouraged, the one who had his back when things started to look bleak and who probably reminded him, "Yes, we can!" - Michelle Obama.

Emancipated by Athanasius @ 8:19 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I would so like to see those two, and their daughters, living in the White House.

Posted by Blogger Renee in Ohio @ Saturday, January 26, 2008 10:14:00 PM #
 

Man, I really love that photo

Posted by Blogger Talib @ Monday, January 28, 2008 10:45:00 PM #
 
<< Home

Obama-Biden Transition

Commentary & Reference

Local Media Outlets

Syndicate this site

Subscribe in NewsGator Online